Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Beginnings...




She thought of the smell of spices,
The sound of mustard hissing on oil.

Old women gossiping about the youth's vices,
Watching men returning from the day's toil.

Gone was the clear blue sky from her past,
In it's place were the buildings anew.
She looked for shards of her youth among the debris of the blast,
All she came up with was soot and torn clothes a few.

Tiny drops fell on her face,
She looked up to see the gods from heaven shed tears.
Their tears transformed her place,
Even made her forget her own fears.

The smell of wet rain on damp earth and green lawns,
A smell that remained the same from before.
Rain that washed away the blood and spoke of a new dawn,
Made her wish to lift higher and soar.

She would pick up the broken remnants from the past,
And walk towards a whole new dawn, full of life, full of hope.

p.s:- The photos are part of an amazing collection I found @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyforever

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Shirsha said...

But but but.. I want double entendre poetry, of which you are the greatest! though, this was good too.. but... thats what I want!
This is like going to a coffee shop and having tea!

October 26, 2007 at 3:09 AM  
Blogger Joy Forever said...

Lovely poems... this one and the others on your blog. And I'm indeed honoured that my photos have found such good use. Thanks for that!

October 26, 2007 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger OtherHalf said...

Shirsh, even I love those double entendre ones but I need to be possessed with some inspiration to come up with more of those ones, but dont you worry they shall make their way right through!

October 27, 2007 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger OtherHalf said...

Hi Sugata,

I found the photos and couldn't resist adding them to my blog and so here they are.
Nice that you found the poems interesting!

October 27, 2007 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Shirsha said...

the pic of the leaf with the drops grab my attention, is it the photographer who got captured in teh droplet, as he tried t capture the droplets in his pic!?

October 29, 2007 at 5:07 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

Nice poem Such..I never knew u wrote poetry...So where did u get the inspiration for this one?

October 31, 2007 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Shirsha said...

Jaya you haven't seen her .. well, her regular style poetry.. u shud try that, and see if u can sit w/o a grin on your face ;)

November 1, 2007 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger OtherHalf said...

Hi Shirsh,

Actually I had a second look at the pictures after your remark and I think that he did get captured while shooting the pic!
The photo looks amazing doesn't it?

November 1, 2007 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger OtherHalf said...

Hi,

umhumm umhumm.. Good that u liked it and yes like shirsh said there are some of the double entendre ones in my earlier blog too that you should not miss!

November 1, 2007 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Joy Forever said...

@Shirsha and OtherHalf: I took a second look at the picture as well, and I don't think I can see myself captured in the drops. The only part of me that is captured is my camera flash, which is visible as a bright spot in on the drops.

November 1, 2007 at 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

many happy returns of the day !!

January 1, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home